Most design and build firms are experiencing a work slowdown, so this is a good time to begin using staff to investigate the value of BIM to the firm and incorporate this as part of a process improvement. Designers (e.g. architects and engineers) have a different “use case” for BIM than builders do. Designers: presentation to Owners, marketing efforts, document preparation, coordination, etc.. Builders: Yes, coordination (and clash detection), marketing presentation to Owners, communication with field crews, layout and planning, staging, cost-control, etc. The use depends on the tools selected, and each industry may have different answers. Post a question if you want some insight into softwasre selection.
- Channeling W. Edwards Deming
- How does an A3 report relate to BIM?
- A3 and the Scientific Process
- BIM 2010:Survival and Forward Thinking
- Standard Connections
- 1st Quarter 2010 BIM Strategy
- LEAN Powerpoint: A Tribute to Anchor Bolts
- VPMS a.k.a. Design Dashboard
- The Process is Purple: How an Owner sees Value. AGC Philadelphia 10-8-2009